Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May 2008 Newsletter

Almost there! It has been two months since I have posted.....a very busy time, both personally and professionally. On a personal note, I want to thank you all for your kindness toward me this year. Every-day life has become a challenge and your support has meant much to me. I am gearing up for surgery on June 13th to get the implant that I was supposed to get last year. We are busy in the Media Center getting ready for summer and next fall. Important dates to remember:
  • May 9, 2008: Last day for students to check out materials
  • May 12-30, 2008: Media Center closed for inventory and cleaning.
  • May 20, 2008: All student materials are due
As I recuperate this summer from yet another surgery, I plan to reflect upon the Media Center - what we have done, and how we can improve. I invite you to post comments here or send them to me via email. As we work to update our collection, please let me know if there is a title that you would like us to add. I will do my best to get it. I keep a running list of request and recommendations. I will be ordering these items before summer vacation. If you have a suggestion, drop me a note. Some of you have given suggestions for additions to our Guided Reading collection. I welcome them and will work to add them as funds are available. Let's all have a great Spring and Summer!

No comments: